In the last post we discussed how to navigate the negotiation stage with your prospect and how to nurture and build on the relationship you are creating with them. Today we’ll talk about the power your prospect has and how to utilize that for the benefit of your business.
One of the most important aspects of this is to keep your cheerleader cheering. This refers to the partner you created in the company who needs to stay loyal to you in order to continue a profitable partnership with your prospect. You can keep this partnership going by offering or doing a number of things to show your appreciation. Some of these things include:
- Sharing the limelight.
- Thanking their company with new products/services.
- Emotionally connecting them to your company.
- Knowing when to leave them alone.
- Staying on the front line.
Now that you have some ideas of how to maintain solid relationships, you’ll need to seek out people to build these relationships with. These alliances will help you find bigger clients that stay with you for the long haul. You can often get a foot in the door by offering them something they need:
- Better work experience
These are all great ways to feed your alliance. You need to go into a relationship considering the things your prospect can offer you besides money. These can include:
- The opportunity for your business to expand.
- The opportunity to learn from the experience and find ways to grow.
- The opportunity to improve your processes, systems and other means of doing business.
These are some of the best ways to strengthen your alliances and keep your partnerships fresh and content.
If you need help with any of these tactics, try our GUIDED TOUR for great tools and resources that can help you every step of the way.