In the last post we spoke about getting a feel for your prospects personality to best match it with your appropriate sales person. Today we will discuss how to prepare for the first meeting with your prospective client.
Here are a few things to consider for your first face to face meeting:
- Make a list of what you want to accomplish during the meeting.
- Anticipate potential concerns from the client.
- Check to make sure you are completely prepared.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Bring support staff with you.
- Use and respect the clients’ format.
- Always follow through.
- Ask for what you need and seal the deal.
- Find ways to simplify your prospects life.
- Find ways to boost your credibility.
- Build and nurture relationships.
- Learn from “no” – find out what didn’t work so you know how to change it for the next time.
Having the confidence behind your company and product will help to catch that big fish. The next step of the process is negotiation.
Here are some tips to help you negotiate successfully:
- Build a pricing strategy and stick with it.
- Prioritize what you plan to offer. This should include what really matters to you and what you are willing to give in on.
- Don’t give in too quickly.
- Negotiate with a person, not a “company”. Don’t let their answer be that they would like to, but can’t.
- Don’t sell yourself short.
- Mitigate your pricing. If you go to low you won’t be able to raise it back up and you need to make a profit.
- Don’t sacrifice quality for the deal.
- Your services should always count as costs.
- Boost margins with add-ons.
- Handle request for proposals with the utmost care.
These are some ways to ensure both parties are getting the best possible outcome from the partnership. Once you start meeting or working together, it’s important to continue to build on your relationship as they will be more likely to vouch for you and build on the partnership you have with their company.
If you need help with any of the negotiation or courting process, try our GUIDED TOUR to get access to a wealth of great tools and resources to help you be successful.